Monday, June 30, 2008

Much needed update.

Until last Friday nothing much happened that i could write about, But since then a few things have been going on.
So Friday morning came and I went at long last to test for my L plates. For the last 11 months my family and friends have been at me to go and get them. Dad drive me in, and then went to do some shopping while i did the test. I'm not sure how long it took, but I was very pleased to pass! not one wrong question. It made Mum and Dad happy as well. They probably thought it take me another 11 month before i went again. lol
Then Friday night we had a bonfire with a couple of my little brothers friends as it was his birthday the weekend. It was only a small group (well as small as a few large homeschoolers can be ;) )
On Saturday morning, dad took me for a drive so i could practise. I had driven twice before, but both times i almost ran into one or another of our gates. So half way down the paddock he made me stop the car and the start it again. After doing so a few times i got the hang of it, but I need to work on not stalling... lol
I was just driving back when a sibling was in the road, so i yelled out the window for him to move, funnily enough, Mum was walking down to the paddock with our Priest, Father C. When they arrived i found out i had yelled a little to loud, as they heard me. Clearly!
Father C stayed for afternoon tea before he left.
Then on Sunday, My sister and I had a WYD gathering after Mass, We received our WYD jumpers, Binnie's, and backpacks.
Today was a fairly quite one, thankfully.
Tomorrow we will be going to my grandmothers funeral. She died on Thursday morning, Prayers would be most welcome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whats "l plates" and "wyd"?

Elie said...

I'm so glad your grandmother is done suffering. I'm sorry for you though. I'll be praying.

Erin said...

Thanks Elena.

Elizabeth L plates basicly means My Learner car Licence.
WYD is a abbreviation for
World Youth Day.