Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Just a bit Batty.

Last night I awoke to the sound of rain drumming on the roof. This morning I looked out my bedroom door, and the veranda was flooded! My poor dog, Pippin was getting a little wet. But he was ok, he had a little mat he was sitting on, it was almost like his own little island.

Yesterday, my Brother Nick came inside to tell me he had found a dead bat. I of cause had to go and see. After making sure it was indeed dead, i couldn't help but study it. I have never seen a bat up close! My brother took a few photos for me, as I was holding it. So here a few Of them.


One of the wings was broken, but you can't really see from this can you?
Don't worry I washed my hands well afterwards.




He looked a bit scary, so much so, It scared my little brothers. Anthony wasn't going near it! he even ran away when I held it out towards him. *chuckles*

The bat was no bigger then a mouse! In fact he looked a lot like a native mouse with wings. I loved the feel of his wings, A bit like a garbage bag that's been stretch only a little more leathery.

Since that happened Chris (another brother) is convinced I'm crazy, Or prehapes a little batty.

3 comments:

Elie said...

Cool! I like bats..though..if one swooped a little too close to my head, I might freak out.

So THAT's what you look like! I've never seen a pic of you..unless you count the picture that you took of your reflection in a picture frame........or WAS it a picture frame? I don't remember. ;-)

Annika said...

OHHOHOHOHOHO THAT IS SO COOOOOOOOL!!!!!!! Is it's mouth all bloody, or is that the inside. What kind it it, we get small brown bats around here, but they rarely come out :(

Erin said...

Thats its tounge. I'm not sure if its meant to be that swollen, its looked really weird, but there was no blood at all.

I'm not sure what kind it is. I'v been trying to find out, but its no good. :( I'l let you know if i find out, which I plan to.