Thursday, July 3, 2008

First Drive on the Road.

Sunday afternoon, We were leaving my Grandmother's Wake. Now this wouldn't be worth writing but for one thing.
I drove on the road for the first time!
I came prepared, not only would I need my licence, and my L plates to display on the front and back of the car like most people, But i also needed a cushion to sit on, The drivers sit is to low for me,(or as most people would say I'm to short to see over the steering wheel) so now my cushion lives in the Ute. I started out all right, but i wasn't good a corners at first...
It was little bit freaky, I'm glad I did it though. It took me about hour (just a little longer) To drive a 45 minuet drive. Poor Dad and Amiee! Dad too over the wheel a few times, and I stalled it at a Intersecting, and was there for about 5 minuets trying to start it. In the end Dad started it for me, and then drove to the side of the road where I'd be out of other cars way. It didn't take long to get it going that time, and nothing really bad happened after that. Other then the me scaring dad each time I drifted to close to the side of the road.
It was dark by the time we arrived home, and I had to drive of our long bumpy driveway, as another car was leaving. When we stopped at the house we found out it was someone delivering flowers.
And so my first drive was over and done with, and I'm still alive to tell the tale.

2 comments:

Annika said...

It must be so fun to drive!!!! I mean I have some experience with ATVs and little go carts, and when my uncle fell asleep at the wheel so I had to drive. But actually being aloud to drive must be so fun!!!!

Elie said...

YAY! I can imagine that it was kind of freaky..but you have more experience than I do right now, so maybe you're more comfortable with it. Do you drive stick shift?