Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our new freinds.

Saturday morning, while I was busy helping Mum get everything ready for our guests that would be arriving for lunch, my younger brother, Nick, came in and told me two of the goats had wandered of alone. Now this would not be the kind of thing he worry about other then the fact that they were due to give birth in a few weeks. I didn't think much of it, after all they would often go of on their own, beside I was to busy to go and check them. A few hours later I went out to take the rugs of the horses. I looked around and saw the all the goats but the two who went off were there. Now I begin to think that perhaps my brother was right, but I was hurried so I didn't do anything about it. I went inside and dressed for Mass. After Mass our guests would follow us out. As soon as we were home I sent Nick down to check on them. Moments later he came flying back up yelling something. "Ah it seems he was right after all" At first it was hard to understand what he was saying because he was so excited. Well after some minuets I was able to learn that there was three new baby's. I also found out that both Mums gave birth in the same place, and it seems the same time. Now both goats take care of there own as well as the other mother's baby/baby's. Its rather strange but nice to watch them sharing and helping each other!
Now the kids are three days old and very playful. I had to get some photos to share.

The first one at the top is both the mother goats with the kids.




The twins, testing a falling tree trunk for fun.

This is the only photo I could get of the other one, He was a bit shy and was hiding behind Mama. But he seems to be happy to play if stood back.

And last but not least is the carpet snake that has moved into the shed roof. It must be warm up there or something.

4 comments:

Annika said...

They are so CUTE!!!!!!! and I bet there soft too, I wish I could feel them. Anyway congratz on new goats. What kind are they?

Elie said...

Awww! They're so cute! That's really exciting! And that snake is cool! Once I saw something that I thought was a snake in a hole near the roof in a cabin that we were staying in..but that really WAS a bit of carpet. It looked kind of like the snake in your pic though. lol

~Elena

Erin said...

Thanks both of you.
Tala I am not 100% sure what they are, but they are Boar x some kind of milk goat.

Emily of the North said...

Oooh! They are adorable!!!

Did you name them?