Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Prayer for a Child

About a year ago, I was sent a prayer by a friend. The purpose of the prayer was to save a unborn child from abortion. Each day for nine months this prayer is to be said. Each person that says the prayer is encouraged to name the child.

Oh my Jesus, through the intercession of Mary,
your mother, who bore you so loving, and
of St. Joseph, strong man of faith who protected

you both. I pray to you for the life of

_____________(Child's name)

The unborn child I have spiritually adopted who
is in danger of abortion.
Please give to the parents of this child the grace
and courage to bring him/her to birth
and to the life you have planned for

____________

Amen.

It was a few month ago now that I finished the prayer for the first time,
I now feel seeing as it was prayer that brought a child into this life, should it not be prayer that gets him though it?
Should I not keep praying for him and his parents as they try to live each and every day.
Not matter how good life is, there is always trials and hard times. I pray God blesses and protects him. For now he is still to young to know any of this, but one day he will. One day he will need those prayers, perhaps even now those prayers are helping him somehow.

1 comment:

Elie said...

Oh yay! You made a blog!!!

That prayer is really sweet. Thanks for posting it. :-)

~Elena