Monday, August 25, 2008

Kids and Wattles

At long last, our last goat gave birth to two lovely little baby girls. The first one looks like her Mum, marking wise, but her mum is brown not black. The second one is just weird colours. lol
We are still thinking of names, Starting with the Aug, for August.
The black one is very close to being called Augustin.
My little sister wants the brown/creamy coloured one to be named Rose, I was trying to talk her out of it when I realised the day before there birth was the feast of St Rose of Lima, saying that aloud, the kids started jumping round saying "lets call her Lima!"
I'll give it a day or to, if no one comes up with something better, they will be given the names the kids like. lol
If anyone has a August name idea, please leave a comment telling me. :)




I was walking in the paddock after taking the above photos, and this group of wattle trees in flower caught my eye, they looked so lovely, I had to get a shot! At this time of year, with the sun shining on them they are giving of a strong, sweet scent


A close up for those of you who haven't seen a Wattle trees before. Unless I'm mistaken, Most of you who I know read this blog haven't seen them before.

2 comments:

Elie said...

Lima is cute..but if you want an August name...Augusta? I don't know....

Emily of the North said...

Augustus Caesar? Maybe a bit too long though. lol