Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday meals.

Since last Thursday, I had been on a diet, to see if I could improve on my health. So I'm not to eat gluten, corn or dairy. Making it hard to find much I can eat!So doing a bit of a Internet search the other day to find foods I can eat, I came across a recipe for Cashew Chicken. I cooked it up tonight. It was rather yummy! One that's already been put into my cookbook I have been trying to together as I find nice things to eat.



Cashew Chicken Ingredients
4 tablespoons peanut oil
100 g unsalted dry-roasted cashews
1/2 onion, sliced
1 red chili pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves
1 cup fresh basil leaf
500 g chicken fillets,
sliced 1 tablespoon palm sugar
1 pinch salt
1 lime, juice of or lemon, juice of (1 squeeze)
fish sauce, to taste

Directions
1Heat peanut oil in a pre-heated wok. Fry the cashew nuts until they are a light golden brown. Remove nuts onto absorbent paper.

2Heat oil again in the wok. Stirfry onion and chili pepper and garlic until it is light brown.

3Add 3/4 cup basil leaves and saute until the mixture is fragrant.

4Add chicken slices and continue to stirfry all ingredients over moderate heat for approximately 2 minutes until the colour of the meat changes.

5Add cashew nuts, remaining basil leaves.

6Stir in the palm sugar, squeeze of lime or lemon and pinch of salt and sprinkle in the fish sauce.

7Serve with rice.

Each monday night is my night to cook, so I'll (hopefully) be adding more recipes as I cook them.

No comments: